Saturday, January 16, 2010

I told you not to bark at the dinosaurs

Adventure Comics #6 *****
Oh man, I am seriously going to miss Geoff Johns and Francis Manapul. This was their final issue for Adventure Comics and it was pretty great. Conner getting rid of his Superman/Lex Luthor journal was great, because for the most part his struggle with his identity was just terribly sad. Lex Luthor is pretty much the epitome of evil. Krypto is such a cute dog and I love the bond that those two have created. I loved at the end when his best friends came together and they just hung out, like friends do. I think probably the most important thing to come out of these issues, is the growth the Conner goes through. Definitely read this one.

Now though, in order to get my Conner fix I'm going to have to follow the Brainiac & the Legion of Super-Heroes, which is a massive interlocking story that will be running through Supergirl, Superman, Last Stand, and Adventure Comics. It's all about the War of Supermen, could be interesting. Honestly, I just love Conner, and will read anything with him in it.

Batman #695 ****
I am very much enjoying Tony Daniel's existence in the comic realm, as I've mentioned. The writing has been good, but the art in this one was great. I love the way this man draws Dick and Dick as Batman. I'm very much intrigued with who Black Mask is going to turn out to be, Kitrina coming back has been fun (especially with that knot incident), and anytime Catwoman is around is always good for me. I am also a bit interested as to what will be happening with the impending number 700 coming up and then there's the Return of Bruce Wayne, and that will certainly shake things up a bit.

Batgirl #6 ***
So I still mostly read this because of Barbara, plus right now Batman and Robin are guest starring. Damian amuses me, mainly because he annoys the hell out of Stephanie, who by the way is a jackass. What I'm hoping is that she won't be the one that "saves" Dick in the next issue. Other than that, I am sorta looking forward to the upcoming Red Robin/Batgirl crossover. I love Tim, so that should be good. It is kind of interesting that they are doing this, considering this was done in the past crossing over Dick's Nightwing with Barb's Birds of Prey. I don't particularly care for Stephanie, Tim can do better. If only they would reveal Tim and Conner to be lovers. They both deserve better than who they are with currently.


By the way, five of the eight DC Blackest Night resurrected tie-ins have come out, so look out for that soon enough. Plus Blackest Night tie-ins Part three. And for those of you that don't search the internet high and low, 2010 looks to be very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment