Monday, December 28, 2009

"To absent friends." "Amen."

World's Finest #3 ** 1/2
This one wasn't as good as the other two, to be honest. It could be because I have no emotional attachment to Supergirl and Batgirl still irritates me. This Toyman storyline is interesting, the artwork isn't the greatest, but it's fine. The fact that I know what part 4 is about (Batman and Superman's first team-up,) I can say that I am more excited about what's to come than what happened in this issue. I did enjoy Dick and Barb.

Gotham City Sirens #7 **** 1/2
I love that these gals have turned a new leaf. I hope it lasts for a long time, because I do really like them. Selina Kyle is one of my favorite females, Harley Quinn is enjoyable, and I'm growing to like Pamela Isley. This issue was cute, sweet, and just great all around. I can't say enough about the artwork and the writing in this series, Paul Dini and Guillem March have done an amazing job. I thought this issue was great. Selina interacting with Dick, Harley and her family, Pamela with nature, and then all coming together.

What if? Astonishing X-Men
This one was in two parts. These are my own titles for the parts, as I do not have my copy on me.
*** Rebirth of Jean: This one was interesting for a couple of reasons. One, the whole what if Jean was alive issue parallels the rebirth of the Phoenix and that's always interesting. More importantly, I would just love Jean coming back. I'm not altogether sure how to review this though. I liked the art. Would I like to see the story develop? Of course, but it won't. I thought it was a tad bit far-fetched to believe that if Jean came back instead of Colossus that 7 people would die (six that wouldn't have died otherwise.)

** Danger in Love: Danger falling in love with Ultron and attempting to conquer the world is just an altogether strange story. It's not that I didn't enjoy it but I didn't love it.

Captain America: Who Will Wield the Shield ***
I did not read the Death of Captain America. I do not particularly like Steve Rogers. That being said, I thought the one shot was decent. I personally like Bucky better than Steve. I found it sickeningly noble of Steve to let go of the Shield for Bucky's sake. And I will say, I found it oddly strange that Obama made an appearance, although not so much when you take into consideration that Marvel incorporates real time within their comics, while DC tends not to. Overall an ok read.

And if I don't end up posting again before the year is up, have a great New Year's Eve and I hope to see you in the New Year.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy Gotham City Sirens as a whole and every new issue doesn't disappointing. Harley is always a fun read and Ivy has her moments, this one had one of her good ones. But my favorite scene in this issue was the one with Selina and Dick, it was just very sweet. And the artwork for Sirens, in my opinion, is just grand.

    The Rebirth of Jean was fun. Go Jean! Of course as a one shot I can't be too excited about it but it was great to see Kitty take out Emma's heart. ^_~

    I don't at all remember much of this World's Finest except that Batgirl and Supergirl left Catwoman hanging and that Batman, Oracle, and I think Robin made an appearance at the end. The first two issues, in my opinion, were much better reads then this one and I agree I'm much more excited for the next issue.

    ReplyDelete