Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Gashapon Reviews: December 30, 2009


So, even though it's a Gashapon Review, I love this cover, so, so, so much that I had to post it here. In fact as soon as I can order a poster, I'm going to. And it's a ridiculously quiet week, and the last week in 2009, so it's kinda a special occasion. Also, this issue was The Awesome.

Blackest Night #6 (*****)

Yes, that's right. I threw down five stars on this sucker. After the rather lack-luster Green Lantern 49, this issue just exemplified why I love this series. Barry Allen moving two-seconds through time to break the connection? Ganthet doing his thing with the rings? THE LAST PANEL? It's just awesome. I'd like to go in-depth and talk about some of the shit that happens, but that would ruin some fo the awesome for people. I have to say again that if you're not following Blackest Night, get out there and do it. It reminds me exactly why I love comics so much: Pretty art and great storytelling. Marvel needs to take notes.

So, short of my disappearing off the face of the Earth during December, we got a good start on this blog thing. I hope all four of you that read it have enjoyed it so far, and we'll keep it going in the new year. Happy New Years everybody!

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree that the cover for Blackest Night #6 is fabulous. Arnab has actually taken it and framed the whole thing and acted as though I was attacking his being when I didn't read it as soon as we got it.

    I agree with you totally about giving this the five stars, because holy shit I did love it! (Although if I did happen to disagree I wouldn't admit it for fear of a brother who will rave about this issue for years.) Barry Allen and his time traveling, Ganthet and the rings, it was all captivating and magnificent.

    And I also totally agree with you that Blackest Night is a must read.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete