Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Gashapon Reviews: December 23, 2009


So it's actually 2010 and this shit is just horribly late. I've been sitting on it for a while cause I just haven't taken the time out to write four sentences about Legacy. But it's done, and now we can start the new year on a clean slate.


Marvel:


New Mutants 8

Sadly I haven't been able to pick this up yet. Sounds interesting from what Arnab told me though.

Uncanny X-Men #519 (***)

I gave this three stars, but then when I tried to remember what happened, I had difficulty. I thought Scott sealing away the void in his brain because he learned to seal shit away while dating Jean was funny, but the Namor showed up and I lost interest. Also, I don't really get why Beast has his panties all in a twist lately. Cyclops is doing what needs doing. Then Namor showed up, and we all know how I feel about him. I'm curious how this whole nano-spy thing will turn out.


X-Men: Legacy #231 (***)

Well. I liked it, but I didn't entirely understand what the hell is going on with Destiny and Blindfold. Seers are always fun with their crazy, but never easy to follow. And I find I have the same trouble with this that I have with all of Necrosha, which is that I don't understand who half these people are. I do know Proteus though, speaking of crazy. Doesn't it seem...shortsighted of Proteus to come back to fight a party that includes Colossus and Magneto? We shall see where this goes.

DC:

Green Lantern #49 (***)

Arnab talked about this, so I'll just sort of echo what he said. I wouldn't say it was bad, but compared to all the other Blackest Night stuff, it's not really there. I don't care for Jon Stewart much as a lantern, so stories centering on him tend to lose me.

No comments:

Post a Comment