Monday, July 5, 2010

The darkness is where we rule.

The Death of Dracula ****
Writer: Victor Gischler
Artist: Giuseppe Camuncoli
Cover Artist(s): Giuseppe Camuncoli and Marko Djurdjevic
Publisher: Marvel

So I will readily admit, I was unaware that Dracula had two sons. I will also admit to being skeptical about this story, however if this issue is indicative of the rest of the story, I'm hooked. The issue starts of with a gathering of the different sects of vampires in order to discuss a growing threat, humans. Xanus, Dracula's younger son, takes it upon himself to murder his father and claim leadership. Through the use of some newly designed amulets, he and his men are able to withstand the negative affects of the sunlight. Janus, Dracula's elder son, is barely able to escape his treacherous brother and live to fight another day.

I thought that this was a great issue. The writing was great, the artwork was really nice. Like I said, I was a tad weary about a story about vampires but this issue has begun to change my mind. I like the direction that the plot is going in and I think that it has the makings to be a very good arc.

As always, you can reach my DC reviews at ComicAttack.net.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't think Death of Dracula came out until this week, according to Marvel's website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitely strange. Especially because it is sitting in my house right now.

    In any case, I highly recommend it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't expecting much out of this issue. I think that the fact that I saw the issue's cover just now on this site and thought "That was the issue's cover?" makes it apparent, how much I wasn't excited about it. Anyway, the story was great. It was exciting, the art was good, and I'm definitely left wanting more.

    ReplyDelete