Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I'll choke the bay with vampire bodies.

X-Men #3 ****
Writer: Victor Hischler
Artist: Paco Medina
Cover Artist: Adi Granov
Publisher: Marvel

The vampires are moving in on San Francisco in increased numbers and Scott is not going to have any of it. After his last plan not panning out the way he wanted it to, Dracula disappearing on them instead of helping out, Scott is forced into action in a different way. He sends out mutant patrol teams to keep the casualties low and contacts Xarus on his "secure line." In a scene that parallels his speech to Osborn, Scott tells Xarus to cease fighting or he will be the cause of the largest vampire slaughtering known to man. In response, Xarus reveals the newly vamped Logan and Jubilee, which shocks some of the X-Men.
I thought that this was a great issue. Admittedly, I'm a huge Cyclops fan so anytime a writer portrays him as the badass ruler of mutants I know him to be, well that's a great time. I am excited about what his plan is exactly, especially because I've got a gut feeling he planned for Logan to get turned. Also, Dracula is definitely going to join in the mix sometime soon and I can't help but hope that it is to help the X-gang and not to challenge them.

And as usual, my DC reviews (which there are many of this week) can be read right here!

1 comment:

  1. X-Men was great. We saw glimpses of Gambit!! Yay!! :)I'm interested to see how this fight goes down, should be some fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete