Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Some men call me brother...You will call me Master

S.H.I.E.L.D. #3 ***1/2
Writer:
Jonathan Hickman
Artist: Dustin Weaver
Cover Artist: Gerald Parel
Publisher: Marvel

Deep in the history of mankind rests the existence of the organization known as S.H .I.E.L.D. For generations now S.H.I.E.L.D. operatives have been doing their very best to keep the Earth safe. This issue explains how Isaac Newton and Nostradamus both came to be a part of S.H.I.E.L.D.. I will admit that after reading this for the first time, I was left a tad confused. The narration changes from Nostradamus to Isaac Newton, however the switch, in my opinion, isn't made as clearly s it could have been. The story continues to be interesting, especially with the additions of brilliant minds throughout history into the plot. Certain parts of this issue were pretty shocking, which is great, like when Newton mates with the alien, or when S.H.I.E.L.D. uses human mind power to expel Galactus from Earth. The artwork remains consistently good. This wasn't the best issue in the series, but it was still a good read.

As per usual, my DC reviews can be reached here.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the art for this comic.

    When I finished this issue, Arnab asked me if I understood it and I think my response was "I don't know if I ever understood any of it." :) But yet
    I don't want to stop reading the series, I can't explain it.

    ReplyDelete